"It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong." - Proverbs 24:3


Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider...

The irony here is that I have severe, and I mean severe, arachnophobia.

I have to say though, our little Peanut makes a pretty cute spider.

Complete with a fly dinner!

For Mase's first Halloween our plans were low key: take a walk around my dad's neighborhood. Grandpa Flint still lives in the house my brothers and I grew up in so the neighbors remember us trick-or-treating every year growing up. I thought it would be fun for them to see the next generation. We went out early, made the rounds, and got home in time to put baby to bed and turn off all the lights and pretend we weren't home so no one would ring the doorbell and wake him up-- sad, I know.

Being that we didn't have much to do (and Mason wouldn't know either way) I went really simple with the costume. A long black skirt I already owned made into a spider web using yarn and hot glue, the Snugli baby carrier outfitted with a red (eco)felt hourglass and a few extra black-tube-sock-legs stuffed with tissue paper. Add a couple of large decorative flies caught in the web and one attached to Mase's pacifier and we were good to go! Easy, inexpensive, and environmentally friendly in that I used very little new material, rather made use of things we already owned.

Maybe next year we'll dress Tage up as a can of Raid.

10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is AWESOME. the fly on the pacifier is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! Love how you made your skirt into a spider web, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love it! You are so good at this stuff!! Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT WAS AWESOME! I almost choked when I saw that fly. How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Tegan! Very creative! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we talk about the irony of YOU dressing up YOUR child as a SPIDER?? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks guys! It was fun, and easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. That is toooo perfect!!!!!!! Copying that idea if I have a baby next year in a carrier at that time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Tegan. I love that you made it a black widow spider...doesn't get any more scary than that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails