We had an impromptu family dinner party tonight to celebrate Grandpa Flint's birthday
Cheesecake bars with homemade strawberry jam and lemon meringue pie
(The candles spell out "51")
Uncle Jared and Mason spending some quality time together
Simple paper bunting and some festive place mats liven up our earth tone decor
(The daffodils on the table are from Trader Joe's. If you have a TJ's near you, go pick some up. They are $1.29 a bunch and I guarantee they will brighten your day. These are yellow with orange centers!)
Tacos + virgin margaritas + good company = the perfect weeknight celebration
yay! happy birthday flint! i thought about him yesterday :) i love that the fish were in on the celebration.
ReplyDeleteTJ's, I'm on my way for some daffodils!
ReplyDeleteVirgin margaritas?
ReplyDeleteL.- I know, right? Pops' recent heart surgery fobids it. That and spinach, of all things.
ReplyDeleteI was totally thinkin the same thing about the maragarita thing. LOL. And, same here - WE NEVER go out to dinner as a family. It's not relaxing to do that yet, and I have a hard time spending money on a stressful dinner. :)
ReplyDelete